Author Topic: Dog Sled  (Read 406 times)

Offline grace

Dog Sled
« on: January 17, 2018, 04:53:48 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I was directed to you by a friend who has used your trails for years and just loves it. I have three Huskies and I would love to get into dog sledding this year with them. we tried skijoring last year with the older two and they loved it. My youngest one who is now 1.5 has shown real promise as a pulling dog. I am hoping that someone can direct me to where I can get a used dog sled or a new one as we are having a hard time finding one. We can wait to meet you all on the trails and get to know this amazing sport.

Thank you for all your help

Offline Terry

Re: Dog Sled
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 07:20:09 pm »
Welcome Grace.

I also skijor at Mush Larose so I can't help you directly, but there is a weight pull event at Mush Larose this Saturday, January 20 around 10:00 am that you should go to. It would be a great opportunity to network with some of the Mush Larose members and see if they know of anyone selling a used sled - its a small community that is very helpful and enthusiastic about expanding the sport. Even if a used sled is not available they can give you some tips and contacts about sledding. You can even bring your dogs and have some fun!

Offline DanaHome

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:06:42 pm »
You could consider buying a new sled from Peter Sturkenboom. His sleds are very reasonably priced. Email info@mushlarose.ca if you would like some contact info for him.

Offline CarlCor

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 01:19:18 pm »
Hi Dana, do you know if Peter builds custom sleds or is willing to modify them?